[OM] Re: Tamton 90mm Photo

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamton 90mm Photo
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:36:01 -0800
Well I see nobody else likes the cropping or light. I'm the one often
suggesting changes, but I like this pretty much as is. As a pic of
natual flora and fauna in situ I like having enough surrounding material
to put things in context. Could lose a bit off the bottom, but I like
some stem. It shows how all this beauty is held up swaying in the
breeze. From the angle of the light, it appears to me that the pic was
taken in early or late light, which is, in fact, warm, so what's wrong
with showing it as it is? As to fill light, I rather like the contrast
of the bright caterpiller bristles against the shadow on the rush. Also,
fill might change the glorious black of the catapiller body and/or lose
the 3-D image quality, making the rush look flat instead of cylindrical.

Moose