[OM] Re: OT OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OT OM to E1 adaptor
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 19:24:13 -0800

>"BOSE" is a bad word in audiophile circles -- and with good reason I
>suspect.  BA is fine -- look at Paradigm too.

My wife gave me a pair of paradigm speakers a couple of years ago. She
got them on advice of a friend supposedly knowledgeable in such matters.
The response was kicked way up in the upper bass range so they made an
annoying booming sound. I had no way to compensate with my l receiver so
I returned them at considerable trouble and expense.  Ended up with a
pair of Polk's that give a remarkably flat response for inexpensive
speakers. Moral: Don't take sound advice from friends in R&R bands. They
can't hear.

mike