[OM] Re: Ebay auction - Zuiko 350mm F2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay auction - Zuiko 350mm F2.8
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:41:47 -0000
Not just a 350/2.8, but a black one at that, rather than the usual "great
white".  And the pictures are the same pictures as in the Malaysian OM-site
http://tinyurl.com/25k8f which credits them to a 1984 OM-4 sales file.  And
the auction garphics/text have been taken from the same site.

Conclusion is that this is the lens used by Olympus for its marketing shoot?
Or that the seller doesn't have any pictures of the lens on offer?  Or that
he would rather not show the pictures he does have.

There was a "great white" offered a few months ago by a German seller, which
had been crudely re-painted.  I can't remember which lens it was, and can't
remember the seller ID either, but I would expect to see some evidence of
what is actually on offer before parting with any cash.  Especially with a
private auction where you can't see who else is bidding.

Piers