[OM] E-1 image quality

Subject: [OM] E-1 image quality
From: omboy <omboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:45:07 +0800
>From an interview with E-1 designers:

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/magazine/TecZone/Vol59_e/page5.html

Asakura:
To achieve medium-format image quality in a camera that offers the
handling and ease of use of a 35mm SLR is within our grasp. Looking
beyond that, we may even be able to achieve image quality that is
comparable with large-format cameras, because the technology is
advancing at an incredible rate. In just five years, we've gone from
"digital imaging will never outperform film" to the point where we've
matched it and are pulling ahead. And five years from now, things that
we currently think are impossible may become a reality. After all,
digital photography has advanced as much in the past one or two years
as film photography has in ten years.

Chris Lee
Hong Kong