[OM] Re: [OT] Stock agency resolution requirement, was: OM to E1...etc

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Stock agency resolution requirement, was: OM to E1...etc
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:58:44 -0800
I'm sure it's that they want to be _able_ to interpolate the image up
to 48MB, which would translate to about 18" x 24" at 200 dpi. Not that
they want the images submitted to be 48MB.

They'd want to be able to have the image be printed large, if they got
a request from a customer, so 48MB doesn't seem unreasonable. The Lamda
printer at Ivey Imaging actually only needs 150 dpi. I just had a photo
blown up to  23" x 35", which required a 60MB drum scan of a 35mm
negative. The scan, by the way, was incredible.

-Rob in Seattle