[OM] Re: Far sighted on the OM1

Subject: [OM] Re: Far sighted on the OM1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:52:47 -0500
My preference for an eyecup has always been the 3rd party teardrop shape
such as found in this auction.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3800368431&category=15239>
I was a little surprised at the BIN price here.  I have two of these and
the last one I bought in a local camera shop about 5 years ago for
$7.50.  The teardrop shape is much more effective at cutting stray light
than are the Oly eyecups.  Particularly important for OM-1 & 2.

These eyecups take a round, drop-in correction lens of approximately
19mm diameter.  Is this a standard size?

Chuck Norcutt