[OM] Re: Dog Photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Dog Photos
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:35:41 EST
In a message dated 3/1/04 4:59:48 PM Central Standard Time, fred42@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Though inside with the faster lenses might happen. I am not sure if I want
> to try flash with a dog I don't know

Can you get the dog near a window or glass door looking out?  I would
probably use the 135mm or 200mm (actually I'd probably try a Tamron 180mm f2.5,
but
that wasn't one of the choices).  The professional's advice for taking pictures
of people would probably work well with the pooch.  Get closer, fill the
frame, shoot a bunch of film and turn your flash off. I'd start off in the
house
where you have a bit more control, try to get it near some natural light. Does
he have a porch?  They can have nice soft light.  If you have to go outside I
might go for a picture of the dog and the friend together.  That is likely
where to dogs attention is going to be anyway.  I'd also do it early in the
morning or late in the evening when the sun is low. My 2 cents worth.  Bill
Barber