[OM] Re: Photo 101 Questions - Old Dog Tries to Learn New Tricks

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo 101 Questions - Old Dog Tries to Learn New Tricks
From: gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:43:15 -0600
Bill:

AstiaF is a great all-purpose slide film.  Very neutral and easy on the skin.
The one thing that always kills portraits on slide film is the red sensitivity
which can bring out blemishes.

The first photo course I took was all B+W.  6"x9" mounted prints were presented
and discussed at each class.  Good for small groups, but one could never really
appreciate the individual prints.

Another one I took was all slide presentations.  Students were required to
shoot at least 1 roll per weekly assignment.  This was a great format for
discussion, though a darkened room often put the more worn-out students to
sleep.  It was really all their own fault, but something to think about.

I think projection is always best as one can really get a sense of the image.
This is especially good for WA shots that show a large area.

Bob