[OM] Re: OM4t focusing screen

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4t focusing screen
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:35:36 -0700
At 09:28 AM 17/02/2004, you wrote:

>Is the 2-14 focusing screen noticeably brighter than the 1-13 supplied with
>the OM4t?  I do quite a bit of photography in low light situations so I could
>use all the help I can get especially with aging eyes.  :)

Yep.  Appears to me to be about twice as bright (I seem to recall that the
specs for the screen implied a brightness increase of 2/3rds of a
stop).  Several photog buddies who use other systems have been *very*
impressed with the brightness of the screen.  The Beattie screens for the
OM series are also good for brightness, but to my eye at least, they don't
seem to be as "refined" as the Oly OEM screens.  (I use a Beattie in my
OM-2s, and an Oly 2-14 in my OM-4.)

Garth