[OM] Re: Rats, it's the E-1 again, was: Re: olympus Digest V1 #38

Subject: [OM] Re: Rats, it's the E-1 again, was: Re: olympus Digest V1 #38
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 06:04:12 -0500
What makes me nervous about the 10D is that there are lots of complaints
in the dpreview forums about the autofocus often being inaccurate.  And
it's difficult to check on the autofocus accuracy visually since the
finder isn't really built for manual focus.  Some believe that at least
part of the problem is the sensors angle of view is supposedly larger
than the area indicated in the viewfinder.

The same forums praise the E-1 for its fast and accurate autofocus.
Something doesn't jive here.

I've used a 10D ocassionally but it has always been mounted on a tripod
in a studio.  Not much of a test.  I've handled a couple of E-1's very
briefly in stores but the last time I went to take a serious look the
battery was run down and it wouldn't do much of anything.

The MA-1 is purportedly the OM to 4/3 adapter.  I say "purportedly"
since doing a search on "MA-1" on Oly America's website will return a
PCMCIA adapter for 2, 4 & 8 MB SmartMedia cards.

Chuck Norcutt