[OM] Re: Panasonic, Sanyo, and Sigma join Four Thirds

Subject: [OM] Re: Panasonic, Sanyo, and Sigma join Four Thirds
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:53:16 -0800
Skip,

I am not sure it is that much of a leap of faith. Look at what has
happened to computing power and memory over the past years. I still
remember when 64K of memory was a lot, and 800K was a lot of storage,
multi megs of storage was almost unthinkable, let alone GIGS! That was
not that long ago. I am sure that  today's digital sensors will seem
equally unimpressive in 5 or 10 years time. My guess is that in just a
few years the 4/3 will be considered the 35 mm equivalent format, while
anything bigger will be "medium format" My guess is that soon the real
challenges will not be sensors, but in downsizing other camera
components such as AF motors and sensors, ect.

Jim Couch