[OM] Re: Differences between the 85/2 and the 90/2

Subject: [OM] Re: Differences between the 85/2 and the 90/2
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:21:56 -0500
The 90/2 is a much larger lens, with the unusual feature of havin the aperture
at the rear of the lens, instead of out front like most Zuikos.

The 90 produces images at f/2 that are much sharper and crisper than the 85.
They almost have a 3-D quality.  The 85 is much smoother.  This difference is
likely due to the better correction of the 90.  This isn't to say that the 85
is poor wide-open, but it's not in the class with the 90.

I actually liked the 100/2 better than the 90 due to handling, but the 90 gets
the nod as it has the macro capability.  IMO, the 90/2 is probably the most
un-Zuiko-like lens in the whole lineup (except the Cosina lenses).

Skip