[OM] Re: CU on Digital SLRs

Subject: [OM] Re: CU on Digital SLRs
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:19:06 -0500
This was discussed on dpreview in several forums.

The 1/2 page report, on the page with some other kitchen gadget or something,
is hardly worthy of using to make a $3-4,000 purchasing decision.  Setup is
crucial with these cameras, and I bet that they screwed something up, since
every other review and user comment that I've seen had particular accolades for
the E-1's color accuracy and high image quality.

Would you trust Consumer Reports to pick this item for you?  I might use them
for a refrigerator or a blender, but not high-end equipment.

Skip