[OM] Re: OM-4 question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 question
From: Radovan Faltus <FaltusR@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:59:39 +0100 (CET)
Cc:
Hi Jim and Douglas,
  OM4 service manual mentions: Standby current...35uA,
means battery with standard capacity 145 mAh stands about 5 monthes, which
exactly corresponds with my experience. So as
you see turning off the power supply is more than desirable.

I think the value 5-10 uA meantioned by list members is for
OM4Ti.

  My suggestion is to make two pinholes to battery cap,
take two wires out (one is shell, second "+" battery pole)
and turn on-off your beloved OM4 with small computer jumper
switch(placed under selftimer indicator and fixed by both
side sticky tape). I'd use very thin isolated wires (diam.<0.7mm) + make them
flat under bottom plate + pinholes under 45 degrees
angle to be possible using motor drive.

Radek