[OM] Re: USM test re PWP/PS is up

Subject: [OM] Re: USM test re PWP/PS is up
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 08:16:49 -0500
The problem with your example is choosing 3 as the radius ala the
tutorial which apparently needs to be updated.  The default radius in PW
used to be 3 but was changed some time ago to 2.  Simply dropping the
radius down to 2 gets rid of all the garishness but doesn't quite equal
the Fred Miranda plug-in example with PS.

However, using your version of the unsharpened image taken directly from
your page and passing it through PWP's new (with version 3.5) advanced
sharpen function with parameters = radius 1.5 and sharpen amount = 93%
yields, IMHO, a better image than the Fred Miranda one.

Case not proved yet with this example.

Chuck Norcutt