[OM] Re: Cataloging/browsing tools

Subject: [OM] Re: Cataloging/browsing tools
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:21:26 -0500
After looking at many also, I settled on Extensis' Portfolio, which has a steep
learning curve, but is nice.

I esp like the ability for it to read RAW files, instead of me having to
convert samples for the program to read.  I keep my images off on CD, and the
program knows where the CD's are.  It also syncs from folders to the database,
extracting the path as keywords.  Since I keep most of my images in trees that
describe when and what, that works well for me.

Skip