[OM] Re: Photo suggestions for Paris?

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo suggestions for Paris?
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:25:38 +0000
No surprise if people are recommending the Eiffel Tower!  I'd suggest
making sure you're there as the sun sets and just after for the most
spectacular views.  The crush in summertime, particularly August, makes
the trip up the tower not particularly pleasant, but earlier in the year
it's fine.  I have taken probably hundreds of photos from the top, but
the very best were taken about half an hour after sunset - here's one:

http://www.world-traveller.org/photo/gallery/displayimage.php?album=14&pos=3

All my favourite places in Paris are ones with good views.  The 59th
floor of Montparnace looks to be a great place to go.  Haven't been
there myself, but Olaf Greve has and he took this magnificent photo
which I am very jealous of:

http://www.millennics.com/cgi-bin/show_picture.cgi?country=fra&num=5&width=860&height=570

Roger