[OM] Re: Photo suggestions for Paris?

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo suggestions for Paris?
From: Donald MacDonald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:56:05 -0000
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:52:47 -0800 (PST), Donald Shedrick
<shedridc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am planning a week long trip overseas to Paris (Not Paris Hilton!).
>  Anyone have some suggestions on must see photo ops in the city or
> surrounding countryside?
>
> =====
> Don Shedrick
>
> http://groups.msn.com/firstlightimaging

> To contact the list admins:
> mailto:olympusadmins@xxxxxxxxxx?subject="Olympus List Problem"

Donald,

        use the Metro. Buy a pass, work out the system, and you can zip around
town fast and cheap.

For a quiet moment, you can't beat some of the parks. Parc Monceau, Jardin
du Luxembourg or the Invalides.

The rule for some things, like Sacre Coeur or the Towers of Notre Dame, is
get there early. Sacre Coeur gets busy fast, and queues for the Notre Dame
towers get really long really fast. While you're at Notre Dame, visit the
Memorial to the Deportation in the far south-east corner of the island.

If you do the military museum at Invalides, start at the top and work
down. They'll stop you using flash, but otherwise it seems fair game.

One or two museums wanted to keep my Lowepro in their left luggage. I had
lots of gear in it, their security was questionable, so I didn't go in.
This happened at the Picasso, one of the Trianons at Versailles and was
iffy at Rodin. I actually got in to Picasso, depends on who you ask.

Some of my shots are at www.skelpitheid.com with others at:

www.skelpitheid.com/HomeMac/Us/Holidays/France/Paris/Paris.htm

Have a great trip. Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.skelpitheid.com