[OM] ( OM ) OT mail security.

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OT mail security.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:40:10 +1300
Hi all

I suppose it had to happen some time.  Mail pilfering. Snailmail that is.

Ages ago I won a Kingston 256MB PC133 DIMM memory stick for a
computer I am assembling; on the usual auction site.

Three and a half months ago the seller in South Carolina posted it to me,
airmail.

Yesterday the packet arrived. Everything was in it except the memory stick
and its plastic wrapper, and the green customs sticker had been torn off.

The slit cut on one edge had been covered by fresh sticky tape, AND a fresh
blue USA POST airmail sticker had been pasted over the pilfering entry point.

Transit time should have been 10 - 15 days and not 100 days.

Cheers, Brian