[OM] Re: Photo workshops

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo workshops
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:33:55 -0400

On Feb 3, 2004, at 1:38 AM, Larry wrote:

> Yeah, the staunch resolution to never learn to drive would severely
> limit someone. Especially
> when they actually believe they're not missing much, when until being
> able to drive, they
> never can know.
>
> Definitely worth a serious reconsider, especially when there is no
> good reason to not at least
> try.

Not sure I'd call it a "staunch resolution to never learn to drive". I
would think that taking driver's ed in high school and then more
recently, Young Drivers, kind of blows that out of the water. I've made
efforts to learn. I can operate a vehicle pretty competently. My
problem is that I have a tendency to get really nervous when I do my
road test. Both times that I've taken it, I got really nervous and made
really stupid mistakes.

Where I currently live close to public transportation and don't have
the money to afford a car and insurance (the cost of which has risen
quite high here in Nova Scotia), it hasn't been a big need for me to
get a driver's license.

I'm not sure why you read into my comment that I don't have a license
to mean that I have decided to never learn how to drive and that I have
never tried to acquire one.

I do agree that not having a license has created some barriers. For the
moment, I've found other ways to work around them. In the future, I may
decide that the barriers have become too large and then I will make
further efforts to obtain my license.