[OM] Re: Updated ebay prices

Subject: [OM] Re: Updated ebay prices
From: fred42@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:21:09 +0000 (GMT)
I can say from personal experience selling that silvernose vs blacknose vs SC
vs MC (and the lack of wide knowledge of the difference i.e outside OM mailing
list circles) has a very real impact on prices. I have had two nice 24mm f2.8
go for under $100 because I am upfront about the SC and nose color thing (one
was silver one was black both SC).

This is of course not to put down Markus' work, I know I am going to be just as
a keen user of it without that difference. Gary Reese's guide did offer
extremely detailed breakdown of coating and physical conditions, but it was at
the cost of manual sorting. Markus' site is going to provide another resource
to draw on in addition to both Skip's and Gary's in my eyes. eBay's on history
access only goes back 30 days so doesn't provide much depth, especially with
the more extreme items.

Thank you Markus for putting in the work to provide us all with this fantastic
resource.

Dan S.