[OM] Re: OT British weather, was Tripods and security guards

Subject: [OM] Re: OT British weather, was Tripods and security guards
From: "Gordon Caines" <gord.caines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:18:43 -0500
You know what they say about weathermen......Seventy thousand a year and they
don't even have to be right.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:42:55 +0000, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Do you mean that it hasn't arrived yet Donald?  The met man has
> promised snow down here soon.  Oh well, what do they know, they are
> only guessing from computers ;-)  Good think Frank van Lindert is not
> listening!
>
> Local Hero: excellent music & wonderful scenery.  The west coast is a
> lovely place.
>
> Chris

Nah, it's relatively mild and clear here. It has the promise of at least a
bit of sleet later on, but I was hoping for a few centimetres of the white
stuff.

Local Hero caught a nice 'off-beat' atmosphere. The seamless joining of
Pennan (NE coast) with Arisaig (W coast) was well done. The little
villages in their own little neuk are great, but give me a western outlook
and a white beach if I have to choose. With good hills at the back of it,
of course. And my OMs...

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS