[OM] A question about film preference

Subject: [OM] A question about film preference
From: Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:26:46 -0600
I have lurked for three months now, and have greatly enjoyed
the camraderie and knowledge exchange.
I've learned a lot.

My specific question to you'all.

Having been a zuikoholic since 1971,  and very active then,  I got busy
with other things
and stopped about 1988,  and am just back now for more serious
stuff.

However,  I find myself confused about what's happened to film choices
since
then.

So,  my question (and I'm sorry if I'm covering ground already covered
before
I joined the list ........)

1.  Assuming my objective is mainly landscape and 20x30 prints ....
(color)
2.  And assuming I hadn't been happy about Cibachrome et al prints before
1985 ....
        (too garish for my tastes)
3.  What film would be your preference?

Thanks !