[OM] Re: [OT] Occasional 6x7 negative/transparency scanning?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Occasional 6x7 negative/transparency scanning?
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:28:11 +1100

> Curtis P. Hedman <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> digital editing and printing, using Paint Shop Pro...
>
> Source of the images is either some old (but fun) 120 roll film
> post-ww2
> folding cameras (most often a Franka Solida), or a 25+ year old
> Pentax 6x7...
>

>From my experience with an Epson 2450 (flatbed with film holder) you may not
be 100% happy with the results, even though the quoted "resolution" is 2400 dpi
the scans do not have the detail associated with that resolution.  If you only
want
to print to A4 size someting like that may be ok, otherwise you'll probably
want to
use a dedicated film scanner.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge