[OM] Free OM-to-E-System adapter

Subject: [OM] Free OM-to-E-System adapter
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:37:20 -0600 (CST)
--=_Listar-UnMime-Boundary

Moose,

I meant the "front element opening" being the filter thread size
diameter.

You are correct in stating that Olympus calculated those maximum
f-stop aperture values based on their knowledge of the actual lens
characteristics.

I intentionally did not want to use the term 'filter thread size', but
wanted to loosely point out the relationship between the max f-stop
versus the physical diameter of the front element lens openings.
The 180/2.0, 250/2.0, and 350/2.8 have much larger front element
diameter compared to the rest, and therefore, no stepping down of
the max f-stop.

Sorry to confuse you or mislead other folks on the list.  I thought
I was serving the List members when I first saw Skip Williams' post on
the subject and decided to translate and share the information during
off-work hours.  If you think I do lousy translation, then I will
shut up.

Jim Terazawa