[OM] [OT] Dvorak was: Effect of CCD vs CMOS

Subject: [OM] [OT] Dvorak was: Effect of CCD vs CMOS
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:22:07 +0100
>  >If Dvorak is as clueless about cameras as he is about all things
>>Macintosh (even though he did write a column in MacUser for several
>>years), I wouldn't even consider a word he is writing.
>
>I read his stuff in PM Mag, and I'm a Mac guy, but I don't recall
>him saying anything outrageous about Macs.  Perhaps I am inured, or
>I missed something good.  Can you point me to some references?

Well, I don't have the stuff anymore, but I remember him proclaiming
that graphical user interfaces actually make computers _harder_ to
use and took the fun out of computing. Or a column trashing Firewire,
based on inaccurate information. His notion that computer-based video
editing on personal computers would never succeed. Or his personal
attacks against the people appearing in the "Switch" cmapaign.

Let's not discuss this at length, this is largely OT. I just wanted
to mention that I would not put too much faith in his assertions
about digital photography.

Bernard