[OM] Re: Everdon Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Everdon Northamptonshire
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:42:22 -0800 (PST)
>Ag Schnozz changed his mind about T400CN when he finally
>realised that there was no silver in the emulsion!

Uh huh.

I changed my mind about it when I finally got around to printing
fine-art prints from several rolls.  I know my way around a
darkroom and have some latest/greatest tools and tricks of the
trade, but I am no match for this stuff.  I've sold TWO gallery
prints from this garbage.

However,

Scanned and printed via ink-jet or FCA, T400CN is very decent.
Digital output does not like solid blacks very well (good thing
since T400CN won't produce one) and the highlights don't blow
out.

The only C41 BW film I'm recommending these days is XP-2 if you
plan on printing anything via traditional chemical darkroom.
Portra BW if you are using a pro color lab doing color Portra
work.

Otherwise, it's PanF+ and Delta 400 for me.

AG-Schnozz