[OM] Re: Effect of CCD vs CMOS (was Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Effect of CCD vs CMOS (was Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:07:02 -0800

On Jan 18, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Joe Gwinn wrote:

> In an editorial appearing on page 59 of the 3 February 2004 issue of
> PC Magazine, John C. Dvorak says that the Sigma SD10 with the Foveon
> X3 sensor "produces the most stunning images of any digital camera
> I've used".  Don't know what else he has used, but given his position,
> it's probably a lot, even if PC Mag isn't a photo magazine.  Digital
> images are becoming a prime driver of PC sales, so the computer mags
> are taking notice.

Oh, dear. Dvorak is one of those "entertaining writers" who is liable
to say anything that will generate reader response even if it
contradicts what he said six months before. He is probably just trying
to obtain email from outraged Canon(or Nikon, Pentax, Fuji) owners just
to prove he exists.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA