[OM] Re: film development tank

Subject: [OM] Re: film development tank
From: john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:17:34 +0000 (GMT)

 Re: film development tank
The only true "Idiot proof" tank I have ever used is the Jobo Daylight Loading
Tank. film (in cassette) is dropped into the centre of the spiral, and the film
, after the leader is trimmed is fed from the centre to the outside of the
spiral using a ratchet mechanism.
   Advantages....Idiot proof
                 All done in daylight
   Disadvantages.Cost of tank
                 Uses about 450 mls of fluid
                 Can only develop 1 film at a time
 I find this tank to be an ideal introduction to developing film for students.
The only problem I have ever had was after drying the reel on a hot radiator.
Reel warped causing the film to jam.

John Duggan,  Wales, UK.