[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #3

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #3
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:50:39 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] Re: OT G3 iBooks, was something else...
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:51:55 -0800

On Jan 11, 2004, at 10:39 PM, Chris Barker wrote:

> I have a 3 year-old G3 iBook and it works flawlessly.  Now if someone
> were to donate a G4 version to the cause - any cause, I'll make one up
> ;-)...

Me too, except mine is just about 9 months old.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA

The problem seems to be limited to the Dual USB snow-white iBooks, not the
older, clamshell shaped ones with different colored soft plastic parts to their
covers. Most of the owners report problems in or near the first year of use,
often just after the warranty has expired, and depending on how much you use
the iBook, open and close the cover, etc. Most reports center on the G3 iBooks,
but it is not clear at all that the new G4 iBooks are or will not be affected.
Regardless, there are thousands of iBook users out there that have had multiple
logic board replacements performed, that much is clear. Caveat emptor.

-Stephen.