[OM] LIST-ADMIN: List moving started....

Subject: [OM] LIST-ADMIN: List moving started....
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:52:41 +0100
Gentlefolks,

The list is currently being moved. This happens in several steps:

        1) s*bscription and uns*bscription requests are refused
           for the olympus and olympus-digest lists at zuiko.sls.bc.ca
           i.e. you can not change your s*bscription to the list for the time
           being.

        2) all s*bscribers from olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and
           olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx are subscribed to
           olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

        3) all s*bscribers from olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx will have the
           "digest" flag set, and will thus receive digests

        4) a "technical FAQ" is sent on both olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and
           olympus@xxxxxxxxxx, detailing list operations (commands for
           s*bscribing/uns*bscribing etc)

        5) olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx are being
           "closed for posting". We do that by making the list(s) "moderated".
           That way I will receive postings, sent to the list, and will be able
           to send "reminders" that the postings should be directed to the new
           list address.

You should be able to keep discussing OM-stuff during the entire move, and
I will keep you updated as the move progresses.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx