Re: [OM] pics for a smile (Not Olympus shots)

Subject: Re: [OM] pics for a smile (Not Olympus shots)
From: "GeeBeePhoto" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:20:12 -0000
From: "Chris Barker" <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 11 January 2004 10:15

> Cool Graham!
>
> How did you get the squirrel to climb your leg; and wasn't it painful?
>
> Chris
>
> On 11 Jan 2004 , at 9:51, GeeBeePhoto wrote:
>

> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/p01.html
> >
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/p06.html

Hi Chris,
Walking in the woods we became aware of a scuffling in the undergrowth. This
very young squirrel came out onto the path, probably after falling from a
dray. My wife said  "isn't  he cute" and went over to it but when he jumped
onto her boot she changed her mind and legged it.

The squirrel then came over to me and jumped on my boot and as I tried to
take a shot it started to climb my leg. So I'm working the camera with one
hand and batting the squirrel back down with the other. Every time I took my
hand out of the shot the squirrel starts climbing again but I managed to get
that pic.

I know it looks as if the squirrel is in love with my leg but it was in fact
climbing not copulating :-) In answer to your question, it was indeed
painful. The little beggar had claws like needles but the reward of the shot
was a very effective anaesthetic. Here are three more shots:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/squirrel.html

--Graham