Re: [OM] 100 vs 85 (was Another Canadian New to Olympus)

Subject: Re: [OM] 100 vs 85 (was Another Canadian New to Olympus)
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:49:08 -0500
Some of my best pics (emotionally, if not technically) were with a Konica C35v
(v = viewfinder/zone focuse; it wasn't even a rangefinder), which was my first
35mm camera, and then my OM-1 (not even MD, much less OM-1n) and 50 1.8.
Keeping things simple is the first step.  My best friend has progressed in
photography but his acquisition of equipment (N*kon bodies and lenses, now F*ji
S2 digital body) has actually hampered his development.  I keep giving him the
"take ONE (non-zoom) lens" and go shoot assignment, but he just can't bring
himself to do it.  He's addicted to the gadgets.

Earl, still collecting OM bits, Oly rangefinders, other rangefinders.... never
mind.