[OM] some of my shots

Subject: [OM] some of my shots
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:14:38 -0000
David Cochran wrote:
>I specialy liked your compositions and exposures are perfect. Did nt know
>the UK had rock formations like those pictured.

Thanks for the compliments - they're not all in the UK (as I suspect you
know ;-)) One is in california, another in Patagonia. I let you guess as to
which! As for exposure - I reckon if you can't get it right with a OM4ti you
aren't going to. I often use the OM1n on the tripod, (giving me the benefit
of mirror lock) and then use the 4ti with a 50-250 as a handheld meter.
(some spot meter eh?)

>Your self portrait is very funny.....It is a self portrait in't it? Nature
>section, first Picture....;-)

yeah its a pretty good likeness - explains why I like climbing ;-)

>I am curious about your commercial work. Who are your clients?

I've only done a couple of commissions so far but more would be nice. Must
try to promote myself this year!

>Some of your Rock climbing shots would fit very nicely in magazines or gear
>catalogs.

This is where I've made most sales. I've a couple in this year's Metolius
and DMM catalogues, plus I get quite a few 'newsworthy' shots in the
climbing mags.

>Do you shoot any other formats?

Not really yet. I am saving up for someting but haven't decided what yet. I
hired a mamiya 7 for a commission but didn't really get on with it - I found
it hard to get inspired with the compact-style viewfinder. It would be great
for the mountains though - big pics for the size of camera. I'll probably
get a 645 which would be a bit more flexible - (though I keep spending on
Zuikos so I doubt I'll ever have enough! Not sure I don't need a 180/2.8 or
a 16/2.8 first! I blame the list...)

Thanks a lot for the encouragement - much appreciated. Should get some more
up soon.

cheers,
Adam