Re: [OM] Vibration study

Subject: Re: [OM] Vibration study
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 02:20:22 -0700
Hmmmmm. Lots of variables here. What the tripod sits on is a factor.
Concrete floors jiggle a lot less than flimsy wooden structures.  Then
again, if you're in California the concrete may move more than the wood if
there is a damping factor. The connection of the lens/camera to the tripod
is also a factor. I have a couple of lenses that work very poorly on a
tripod unless I do tricky things to tie them down. The subject matter can be
a factor too. Those pretty models that CH photographs could set up
critical-mass vibrations in some photographers. Won't mention any names
here. I do have some vibration damper pads to sit the tripod feet on.....but
haven't tested those either. This study has already overwhelmed me and now
I've forgotten what the original goal was. /jim