Re: [OM] [OT]questions on words

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]questions on words
From: Shatcho@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:44:46 EST
<< Hi all:

 I have a question that has been bugging me for quite a while.

 Why, when refering to other manufacturers, their names are writen with
 asterixs? Eg. C*n*n, N*k*n, etc.

 The other is, Wht is "bokeh"?

David. Some poor misguided souls believe that the names of camera brands
other than Olympus, when written or even spoken, without the * replacing the
vowels, form part of an evil incantation.

Bokeh means 'confused' or 'confusion'. Viz 'jisa bokeh' ie jet lag. In this
context it refers to the out-of-focus images of the image, specifically the
'smoothness' or otherwise. Certain lenses are reknowned, apparently, for their
performance in this respect.

Rgds

Peter