Re: [OM] Asro photography with a 300mm Tamron f2.8. # 2977457701, ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Asro photography with a 300mm Tamron f2.8. # 2977457701, ebay
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:06:49 +0100
Hi, Bill and all.

>however I find it difficult to believe the pictures of the stars was done
>with this 300mm Tamron.  Am I the only skeptic?  Bill Barber

Quite feasible.

The beautiful M8-M20 set has always been difficult for me, but I've taken
several pics of 'easier' sky objects with the 'piggyback' technique. I
posted some of them in the past:

<http://217.216.177.119/web/cjss.galeon.com/zuiko/astro/m42.jpg> Zuiko
200mm F4, Kodak E200 pushed to 640 -- keen astronomers may spot the
Horsehead nebula!

<http://217.216.177.119/etc/m31.jpeg> Zuiko 300mm F4.5, Ilford Delta 3200
-- there's some coma visible :-(

All the best,