Re: [OM] OT: Naval museums now

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Naval museums now
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:52:13 +1100
Surely the OM-4Ti would have been much too quiet to be part of the Collins Class specs?!
AndrewF

The new Australian Collins-class subs also specified an OM-4Ti for their
periscope cameras - I know they panicked a bit when the discontinuation of
the OM-System was officially announced - the distributor was sold out of
OM-4Ti's very quickly, and the Navy were trying to find bodies at dealers
across Australia and NZ. I don't know how successful they were. Maybe they
should have talked to the Brits!

Nick Buchner
Sydney, Australia