Re: [OM] 100 vs 85 (was Another Canadian New to Olympus)

Subject: Re: [OM] 100 vs 85 (was Another Canadian New to Olympus)
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 02:51:01 +0100
I sold my 100/2.8 to get a 85/2 instead because the latter had a (for me) more versatile range, greater f-stop and is just so... yummy. The 100 is a great lens too, and (I believe) often a lot cheaper, but IMO the portrait feeling of the 85 is better. But seriously, the pics I took with the 100 are no worse than the ones taken with the 85. Try both out and keep/buy the one you like the most. (Bet it'll be the looovely 85, he he he...)

Henrik

Back on topic, did you rid yourself of the 100 2.8 because it was a
lousy lens? I'm early in my understanding of Olympus lore, and I haven't
heard anyone wax poetic about that lens yet. Or slam it, for that
matter. What's the general feeling on it?

Rolf