Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4501

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4501
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:11:53 EST
Yes, Gord, that's why I called Skip's site a "starting point" as any single
site should be. Nothing is the final word on anything when it comes to ebay.
It's just one piece of the puzzle.
 I agree the pricing _seems_ to be a bit down lately but I can't decide if it
is a trend, (like everyone who's a casual shooter is going digital?) or one
of those temporary ebay fluctuations. I've been fairly active too, selling some
Leica gear and re-acquainting myself in Zuikodom, and I see both brands as
somewhat down in price. I've gotten some serious bargains in Olympus gear
lately, but I do watch over a period of time, and have _some_ patience,
_sometimes_
so if I see there's suddenly 4 auctions in one week for an item I want, I'll
bid on one of the later auctions, sometimes correctly figuring the market has
played itself out for a while for that particular item. Ebay is still a
dangerous place if you get caught up in a particular "must have" auction.
There'll
ALWAYS be another one coming along....
This is all generally speaking, of course, and I also believe the more
expensive high-end gear whether Leica or Olympus is still commanding the same
high
prices.

George S.

Hi George and Ken:

Definately a great site, one caution from someone who's been pretty active
buying and selling lately - the pricing seems to have dropped overall. The
list is a couple of years old, excellently done you certainly gain
perspective of relative worth , where things fit in the lineup, how many
show up, (frankly-there is always another one). Good Luck.

Gord