Re: [OM] OT: 1st look: Mamiya DSX 1000

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: 1st look: Mamiya DSX 1000
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:03:44 -0800
on 12/30/03 11:49 AM, Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu at lamadoo@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm not bragging 'cause I know most of you have FAR nicer stuff, and more of
> it, than I do.  On the other hand, you'll have to admit
> that the Canon Elan II will do E-TTL auto-fill-flash exposures with ANY lens,
> even these M42 econo-jobs!
>
> All the best,
> Lama

Jim - I didn't understand that last E-TTL fill-flash part... none of my OM's
does that stuff... neither do my Leicas. <g>

But IMO the equipment has very little to do with getting good pictures. Much
more important is the eye and care behind the viewfinder. I like playing
with old cameras, fixing them and such... getting good images from old
equipment is just icing on the cake... but have fun with your stuff and show
us some images. You can tell us you used a new EOS 1Ds if you get a good
pic, nobody will be the wiser!
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...