Re: [OM] OT: Sentosaphoto now OLYMPUSUSA?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Sentosaphoto now OLYMPUSUSA?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 11:25:57 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

> No.  Sentosaphoto is neopan2, Alexander Lebedev.  They're both in NYC but it
> is a big place.  :)  By now I'm sure many people have already told you what
> the username "olympususa" means.  It is strange that Oly USA is using Alex's
> brown font in their HTML.  Maybe that's what you recognized.  It's strange
> too that they didn't put the "OLYMPUS" logo on the auction anywhere.  I
> think it's more laziness / sloppiness on the part of Oly, like when they
> sold generic filters under their own brand.

The eBay userid for the Olmpus distributor in the USA is olympusamerica.  The
eBay userid olympususa has absolutely nothing to do with them and is clearly
Sentosaphoto trying to make it look the auctions are from Olympus America.
Look at the site hosting the auctions photos, they're coming from Sentosaphoto's
web site.  I'd be surprised if a complaint to Olympus America doesn't result
in the olympususa userid being taken away from Sentosaphoto.
                                -mark