[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4489

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4489
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:11:06 -0600
Jim,

I'm in partial agreement, and also need to make some comments:

"Neither place has 100 speed C-41 of any kind nor any portrait film."
Well, of course, they're drugstores or grocery stores, or satanic mega-cheap
junk stores. About 990f their customers don't know what protrait film is,
and their cameras have slow lenses that can't get over a thirtieth wide open
with 100ASA.

"Worst of all, a 24 exposure roll of E-6 is $5.99 !!  "
Who does slide shows. I'm surprised they even have the stuff. I think chrome
will  go on longer than we think, as a professional film. Chrome as an
amateur film was dead years ago, except for the aging hobbiest. Feel sad for
the camera store, just like the stereo store. Mail order is our salvation.

"What are they smoking?"
Let me know if you find out!

Bill Pearce