Re: [OM] WTB: Kiron screw mount for parts

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: Kiron screw mount for parts
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:08:29 +1100
I've seen Kiron zooms in M42 mount but not a 24/2 or 28/2 for some reason. They 'should' be out there. Another approach - I have seen the 24/2 in Vivitar branding and I assume that the 28/2 Viv is out there - according to Cameraquest, if the serial begins with 22, it's a Kiron. Also, you could look for a Canon FD mount version as there is an FD-EOS adapter quite commonly available in the the $50-75 range.
AndrewF

I haven't seen a Kiron screw mount (M42). Were they so late in the game that they never the Pentax-S M42 screw mount? I've already spent hours on the 3rd party site but he doesn't directly address which mounts Kiron made.

Having seen a blindingly sharp Kiron 28/2.0 go for a measly $30 time and again on the bay, I'll realized I will never get what it's WORTH out of it. None of the EF 28mm lenses have superb reviews (very good does not count).

Since I have a superb 28mm sitting right here, I'm back on converting mine for EOS. This thing is the best of the five 28mm lenses I've owned. It's not "perfectly sharp" (superb) like the Series1 90mm, nor the Tamron 90mm (just arrived) but it's better than any
of the four other designs I've rejected in this focal length.

If I can't find a donor Kiron M42 mount, I'm pondering taking the OM mount off and grafting on the business end of an EOS T-mount.

All the best,
Lama