[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4486

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4486
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 07:34:57 -0800
> Much as we here hate being beaten by New Zealanders,
> this is reasonably compelling. Earlier, higher, further?

> http://chrisbrady.itgo.com/pearse/pearse.htm
> http://www.destination.co.nz/temuka/pearse.htm
> http://www.billzilla.org/pearce.htm
> http://www.mark.nagy.com/new-zealand/first-in-flight.html

> Well, the Wright Brothers WERE first in the USA, we have
> to give them credit for that.

Unfortunately for Mr. Pearse, the Wright brothers heavily documented their
work. Where are the photographs and motion pictures showing Richard Pearse
actually flying?

There is a glaring error in the first Web page listed above. The Wrights
NEVER had US Government sponsorship. It is estimated that the total cost of
developing their airplane was around $1000, and a sizeable percentage of
this was the expense of traveling to Kitty Hawk.