Re: [lens] Re: [OM] exif software

Subject: Re: [lens] Re: [OM] exif software
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 00:30:22 -0500
http://www.irfanview.com

    When you are viewing a photo in JPG format with Exif photo information,
click
    on Image Information and an IrfanView Image Properties window opens, in the
    lower left hand corner you will see button marked "EXIF info", click on the
    button and another window will open to display all the exposure information
    pertaining to the photo you are viewing.

    Click your mouse on the name of the file and use your cursor up and down
keys
    to scroll through the information. You will find the date, time,  image
size,
    lens aperture opening, zoom lens setting, quality mode, shutter speed, use
of
    flash, ISO speed of CCD setting sensitivity, make and model of camera. This
    information is in text (.txt) format. You can select the text info copy it
    clipboard so that you can paste it into a word processing program so you
can
    print it or save into the same directory where your photo images are stored
for
    future reference.

    Note: EXIF component is stored in the EXIF-plugin, please install!

    If you load a JPG image, the button 'IPTC info' is visible and IrfanView
allows
    you to display/edit/write IPTC information.

    Note: IPTC component is stored in the IPTC-plugin, please install!

    If you load a JPG image, the button 'JPG Comment' is visible and IrfanView
    allows you to display/edit/write the JPG comment.

    Note: JPG Comment component is stored in the IPTC-plugin, please install!

    Note: If you load a JPG file and EXIF/IPTC/Comment data is already
available in
    the file, a "*" is added to the button text.

    When you are viewing a photo in JPG, GIF, PNG format with NCC
    (www.netcybercards.com) photo information, click on Image Information and
an
    IrfanView Image Properties window opens, in the lower right hand corner you
    will see button marked "NCC info", click on the button and another window
will
    open to display all the exposure information pertaining to the photo you
are
    viewing.

    Note: NCC component is stored in the NCC-plugin, please install!

tOM

On Sunday, December 21, 2003 at 20:35
Mark Dapoz <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, John Gettis wrote:
>
> > a quick question for the digital photographers out there is there a piece of
> > software available that will pull the exif data out of a Jpeg and change it
> > a text or doc file?  I know that I can get to the data with Paintshop Pro 8
> > but am looking for a way to get this information out for large numbers of
> > files in batches.
>
> Use exifer, you can download it from here: http://www.exifer.friedemann.info
> It's a wonderful utility, and it's even free!  The export function should do
> what you want.

---- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur ----
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
-Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)