Re: [OM] OT-- whine-doze?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT-- whine-doze?
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 01:59:48 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Jim

OS-2 ?
I think you are thinking of OS/2, the OS that MS did there best to kill with FUD
but is still alive and well, and is now 100% IBM, 100 0rus & worm free, and
does such a good job sitting in the corner on servers that a lot of companies
dont realise that they use OS/2 :-)

MS split with IBM at v2.x, MS then bought out WinNT using its OS/2 code,
and IBM produced Warp v3 using its code. OS/2 is now up to v4.52, and
as much as IBM would like to kill it off, the banks and an avid bunch of users
wont let them.

>Since when is Olympus trying to compete with the likes of Bill Gates?  No
>connection etc.
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2973363187&category=15239
><http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2973363187&category=1523
>9>