Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80 f/2.8 Sold on Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80 f/2.8 Sold on Ebay
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:57:43 -0500
I guess that I really should have charged more for my 35-80/2.8 when I sold it
to the list, but I think that $1500 is too high.  I hope that the zero-feedback
buyer comes through.  It could be a shill like jonequinn trying to keep the
prices high on that item; especially since he has one now running with a start
price of something like $1700 or $1800.

The seller of the Leica flag cameras is a Dutch dealer that's famous for trying
to sell these big lots of LE cameras.  That lot will never sell.  The downside
of these is that the flags and text are silk-screened on the cameras and WILL
flake off with use.  The are not engraved.  Bad "investment", IMO, unless
someone was to buy the whole lot and put them away somewhere for 10-20 years.
They won't appreciate very much though, IMO.

Skip