[OM] E-1 reviewed in PC World

Subject: [OM] E-1 reviewed in PC World
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:57:49 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

The trend is for digitally designed lenses that are specific for digital
cameras. Nikon has started making these, and will introduce other, as has Canon
with the lens for the 300D, and Pentax has just announced some. Also, Tamron is
making digital-specific lenses.

Regarding noise,  the E-1 does show an unacceptable level of noise at ISO 800.
I don't agree with their comments with respect to C*n*n CMOS sensors. They
consistently give beautiful, clean images (including blue skies). I will post a
link to an example later.

-Stephen.