Re: [OM] OT Political parties (was Mike Moore, etc.)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Political parties (was Mike Moore, etc.)
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:42:25 -0500

Here in the US of A we have only two political parties with any
real chance of getting more than the occasional oddball candidate
elected: the Republicans and the Democrats.

And they regularly get the oddball candidate elected. Unfortunatly, I voted for some.

The difference
between the two is that the Republicans are lying crooks, while
the Democrats are crooked liars.  Amazingly, the present
Republican administration has managed in less than three years to
equal the level of chicanery and deceit of the previous eight-year
Democratic administration, a feat which some of us thought (or
hoped) not possible.

Clinton was otherwise preoccupied. ;>o  No, I didn't vote for him.

It seems that each bunch of scumbags manages to outdo the previous
bunch of scumbags.  Reagan, the bad actor playing president;
Nixon, the crook who was not a crook, and Carter, the clueless
peanut farmer, are looking better all the time.  Carter, while
incompetent, at least wasn't a liar, and except for him and
Eisenhower, who slept and golfed through eight serene and peaceful
years in office, Harry Truman was probably the last honest and
decent man to sleep in the White House.

Carter's problem was that he was honest. He also seems to be the only president doing something decent with his after (president) life. No, I didn't vote for him.

Just another of my many opinions, all freely given.  :-)

Walt, an armed, pissed, liberal, libertarian, conservative
environmentalist.

You will have to explain what a conservative environmentalist is.

gregg